The Tao of Color Grading: Featuring the Euphonix MC Color Control Surface and Apple’s Color
Date:Â Wed. February 23
Location: Resolution Post, 3040 Williams Drive, Suite 105 Fairfax, Virginia 22031
In this newly updated version of the popular The Tao of Color Grading Presentation, Patrick usesÂ Final Cut Pro andÂ Color toÂ help you:
- Understand the physical truths about the human vision system – that your eyes and brain conspire to work against your ability to really ‘see’ the images you are capturing and creating.
- Become enlightened about how to combat the aggressive manner in which our eyes lie to us.
- Learn how the underlying methods used to digitally compress and process video can be leveraged to your advantage in the color grading process.
- Walk away with a simple workflow which you canÂ immediately employ for quick, efficient grading.
- Learn how to use powerful image evaluation tools that are already built into the software you’re using.
- Discover the one color correction filter you probably never use – but should, and is an essential tool in Patrick’s bag of tricks.
- You’ll see a demonstration of the benefits of working with a control surface. Using the affordable and powerfulÂ Euphonix MC Color Patrick will show how a control surface results in faster grading sessions while increasing the quality of the finished product.
Based on the initial success of this Tao Of Color Grading seminar, Patrick Inhofer launched the color grading training website,Â TaoOfColor.com. The website contains video-based training specifically for Final Cut, Colorista II, and Apple Color workflows, giving students a 14-minute short film to grade. TaoOfColor.com also has a color grading specificÂ Weekly Newsletter, as well as a color gradingÂ Podcast, andÂ Blog.
Patrick is the Owner/Operator of the boutique color grading house,Â Fini.tv. He is a colorist and editor with over 20 years experience in broadcast, cable, corporate, and indie post-production.
Patrick’s has worked with such directors as Barry Levinson and Bruce Sinofsky. A few of the outlets he’s delivered to: HBO, NBC, ABC, Showtime, ESPN, National Geographic Channel, PBS, The Museum of Modern Art, and (yes) The Internet.
You can view Patrick’s Color Grading demo reel at:Â http://www.fini.tv/fini-demo-reel/beforeafter/