“Educating the Public”
[NOTE: This conversation was recorded on April 7, prior to Apple announcing FCPx - and the DaVinci Resolve discussion does not refer to Resolve 8 - which eliminates many of the workflow 'show stoppers' that we reference.]
Terence Curren is the Founder and President of AlphaDogs, a post production facility and design studio located in the heart of Burbank’s Media District, mere blocks from the Walt Disney Company and NBC Studios.
His future in the film and television business was prefigured by an early fascination with cinema; shooting his own films at the tender age of twelve. Terry went on to produce and direct, and then shifted full-time to post production as an editor. He was an early adopter of the Avid Symphony and quickly gained a reputation amongst his peers as an expert on that platform.
Terry’s early focus was on the ‘skilled operator’ as the differentiating factor in post-production, led to the founding of his own post house, as well as the creation of the Editors’ Lounge series and the Digital Service Station media-transfer bureaus, now located across the US and Canada
You can find Terry at:
- His post-production facility: Alpha Dogs
- The Editor’s Lounge – A monthly gathering of broadcast post-production professionals
- The Digital Service Station – A unique ‘one-stop’ post-production resource for editors, directors, and producers.
Tweet, Like, or Leave a comment! (bottom of the page, no registration required)
- George Lucas’ Near Death Experience
- Example of a 3/4″ ENG-style camera – not shown here: the nearly equally large shoulder-slung video-tape recorder that attached to this camera via an umbilical cord. Crazy dayz, eh?
- Avid Symphony Product Page
- Demo: Avid’s Fluid Motion – A nice YouTube test showing the results of Fluid Motion at a variety of frame rates.
- An especially prescient discussion of the future of FCPx (recorded April 7, 2011… 1 week before the NAB 2011 reveal).
This interview is part of an on-going interview series with the movers, shaker, and thinkers involved in the field of professional color grading for moving images. When I have new episodes to release, they are released on Tuesdays. To be notified you may follow me on Twitter (@patInhofer), via our RSS feed, and on iTunes.